Saturday, October 9, 2010



Everyone asks you what you want to be when they are older. I've known for a long time that I want to become a nurse. I enjoy helping people as much as I can. I was there all the time for my grandpa when he was really sick and when he was in and out of the hospital I would always ask the nurses what they were doing and why. There were even times I got to help them. My grandpa had to have X-rays and the nurse let me in the little side room with her and I got to take the pictures. It always interested me, helping him so much and seeing that you can make someone feel better and more comfortable really made me want to be able to do that.

It is a great career and nurses are needed all of the time but it is a very hard program to get into. Not only here at Southern but all different schools that offer it as well. You have to work really hard and put in all of your time to it. You need to be able to get 100's on your test. Would you want a nurse that got 80's on her tests to take care of you? I sure wouldn't, you want one that knows everything they are doing and doing it the right way. One little mistake could lead into serious problems.

I hope to get into the nursing program and be able to do what I've always wanted to be. It will be difficult but in the end definitely worth it. Helping people and trying to make their lives better and the pay nurses get is great as well.




No comments:

Post a Comment