Friday, October 29, 2010

going out of my comfort zone..

The other day in Inquiry with time with Lee we did an activity called crossing the line. At first I was thinking to myself how I didn't want to do this. I felt like it was going to be really awkward and uncomfortable. I only really tell my personal stuff to my best friends or parents. I'm not open with new people because one I don't know them on that kind of level yet and two I worry about things being said that I don't want others to know. The people in my class are people I just met only a few months ago, they hardly know anything about me and they were going to find out things they never knew.

There were some really deep questions and then others that were not as personal. For the not so personal questions a lot of us crossed the line and the deeper ones sometimes only one or two people crossed. We all found out different things about one another that we would have never known. It was a very serious and quiet activity. Everyone let out things that have happened in their life and probably never thought others went through. Some others didn't but there were a few that you saw you weren't the only one that has gone through it.

For me this was out of my comfort zone but after doing it felt good. I let things out and people now know things about me and others. We all have to trust one another to not go around telling other people and not judging people because of mistakes or things they have done. Things that have happened make us who we are today.


No comments:

Post a Comment